Senin, 06 Juli 2009 09.38

Football: Cristiano Ronaldo to be presented at Real Madrid tonight


“My great dream is to win the Champions League in the Santiago Bernabeu next season.” This is one of Cristiano Ronaldo’s most important statements since becoming an official Real Madrid player.

Cristiano Ronaldo will be presented tonight at the Santiago Bernabeu in what promises to be a galactic ceremony. Over 75,000 supporters are expected to attend the stadium to see Florentino Perez’s most expensive signing wear his white jersey for the first ever time.
Cristiano Ronaldo: Trophies first, Ballon d’Ors later

Ahead of tonight’s gala reception in the Spanish capital, the world player of the year has underlined his desire to achieve success in his dream club. Ronaldo went on to put individual awards way behind collective success. The 24-year-old winger is expected by many journalists to reaffirm himself as the world’s best next season, as Messi is predictably going to scoop every award this year.

“Many players have won the Ballon d’Or with Real Madrid. Of course there are aspects of my game which I can improve upon,” Ronaldo suggested. However, he continued:

“But my priority is not the Ballon d’Or, it is the success of the team. I want to one day win the same number of trophies as Di Stefano.”

Cristiano Ronaldo’s € 94 million price tag has come under criticism from many people including UEFA’s president Michel Platini. While some are predicting flop years in Spain for Cristiano Ronaldo, the player himself is looking forward to become Real Madrid’s greatest every footballer.

“My objective is to be one of the best players in history, if not the best.

“I will show that I am worth what I was paid for.”

“I admire Raul’s dedication, Guti’s talent and Casillas’ skill.”

“Now I can say that I have completed my dream. Monday will be the biggest moment of my life.”

Cristiano Ronaldo, who avowed that he would have preferred the number 17 jersey, will carry the number 9 jersey in Real Madrid if AS’s reports are to be believed. Coincidently, this number was worn by Real Madrid legend Di Stefano and Brazil’s phenomenal Ronaldo.
Ronaldo expecting a wonderful atmosphere at Real Madrid

Kaka, Benzema, Raul, Arbeloa, perhaps Ribery and Alonso… Well, all these players are expected to feature in Real Madrid come next season. It is a bit hard to imagine how they’ll team up together and what formation they’ll play. But Ronaldo imagines that there will be no problem whatsoever.

He said:

“I am looking forward to playing with Kaka, we are totally compatible. Benzema is very good too, a great player.”

The media, who have been portraying Cristiano Ronaldo as a selfish and arrogant lad, are tipping the Portuguese Star to create an unfriendly atmosphere in the dressing rooms at Real Madrid. However, Cristiano Ronaldo has other ideas. He revealed:

“I am not like the tabloid press say.”

“I am a very friendly and approachable person.”

Tonight will mark a new era in the career of Cristiano Ronaldo.

0 Comments On "Football: Cristiano Ronaldo to be presented at Real Madrid tonight"

About Me

Foto Saya
prawira
I am the guy who has the dreams.Please, pray for me to make it true
Lihat profil lengkapku